Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day 4 - Sunshine Coast (Part 1)

5 April 2008 - Sunshine Coast

Here we are at Noosa, on our first surfing lesson. There's the 3 red girls - Preetha, Nad and me.
I was very nervous, as I wasn't a good swimmer and we're going into the sea!



We were handed our boards and off we trudged to the beach. Looking like schoolgirls, especially with my hairstyle. Had to keep the fringe off the face, so it doesn't affect our balance when we flick our hair on the board. 


We were seated in a semi-circle and were placed with the kids. In a way, it's better as the kids had their parents with them, hence we had more personal attention. :)

Now you know why I said me and Nad's pose in Dreamworld was wrong. You need to have the 'bow and arrow' stance, not 'I'm flying, Jack, I'm flying' kind of pose.

Testing it out in my safe haven - the beach.


Going towards the waves.


OK... I didn't really want to show this pictures as it's so UNGLAM. But, I realised, heck it, if I don't ever show it, no one will believe me if I said I stood up on my second try. So here goes...







COOL RIGHT???  Sports mode!

Below you'll see a pic of me and Nad trying to get past the waves. You need to angle the board so that it sails smoothly above the wave.


The board isn't light. Sadly, after a few tries at surfing, I fell on one of my attempts and it re-ignited the pain in my waist, afterwhich I had a slight difficulty walking well or bending. So I had to stop surfing.


What is KOOKS?

Nad with her blog address!


Brent getting some great shots. Both he and Jane were great, they helped us to get nice pictures, and also, embarassing pictures.


Now that I can't return to the surfing, I started doing what I like most. Scenery shots or anything I like.


I guess the bird likes the surfers.


I love seashells, this one was taken just as the wave was receding, hence the water patterns.


After the surfing, I returned to the hotel for a shower and realised I had rashes all over my left arm and neck/upper front chest area.

At first, I thought it was from sandfly bites as they were just tiny bumps. But after a while, it became really tiny red dots, so I asked Brent about it.

We tried to go to a clinic, but it was closed at 12noon on a Saturday. Hence we had to ask a doctor to do a housecall at the hotel room, and we had to wait for hours for him.

Coming up, a delicious dinner for our last night in Sunshine Coast.

No comments: