Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 2 - Vrroom, Swish, Yum

Vrroom
After leaving Dreamworld, we headed for the Holden Performance Driving Centre. It was about a 30 - 40 minutes drive.



We headed to the V8 Superschool, where I'll get the chance to drive a V8!! 


All suited up and ready to go, go, GO!



The track we had to drive around, showing us where to brake and change gears. 

Although I know that sports cars are usually driven in manual, I was kinda hoping we would get an automatic car, wishful thinking...

I haven't driven a manual car since I passed my driving test in 2003! That's 4.5 years! 


Okay, I'm ready. I look funny in the suit. It's a little big and I was dragging the pants along the ground.

Fortunately, I had a patient professional instructor, Peter, who has been there for 14 years? I think I heard 14. He was able to put up with this slow student who switched to 5th gear when she had to change from 1st to 3rd gear and skidding the car once.

I think I set the record for the slowest car on the track. But hey, it's manual! That's a good enough explanation on its own.


Me & Nadia going for a Hot Lap with Peter. Nad kept asking him to go FASTER FASTER and FASTER! It was fun. Definitely not easy to be a racer.

Swish
Leaving Holden, we headed for QDeck (Q1 Resort & Spa Observation Tower). It's the highest point in the Gold Coast and has a 360 degree view. It is 230 metres high and has an Observation Deck on the 77th and 78th floor.  It is also the highest residential building in the world.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the view was... WOW, this is much better than Taipei 101. 

Why? Because it has a much better view. Whilst Taipei 101 has a view of just congested roads and crowded buildings. QDeck shows the beach, the hinterland, the lovely Gold Coast and one side had a view of the sea stretching into infinity. It was breath-taking.

I love scenery. It's the next best thing to shopping and steak.


I love getting nice shots of sunsets and cloud patterns. I remember my trip to Alaska back in 2004, the sky was lovely with clear blue and different cloud patterns. I just kept taking pictures of the clouds.



We took a fun shot and this one is of me with King Kong who is climbing up QDeck. "Awww, he's here to rescue me."


It was our last night at the Palazzo Versace (saddddd.....), so I could not miss the opportunity to grab these evening shots from the hotel. If I didn't have to get ready for dinner, I believe I could just sit there and relax for the whole evening.

Yum
Dinner was at this place Blue Fire, which is located in Marina Mirage, a 2 minutes walk from our hotel.



I had steak with port-wine sauce and garlic mash potato. It tasted alright, but still, it can't compare to the steak at The Cliff, Sentosa.


This was a seafood extravaganza shared by 3 persons, and they couldn't finish it!


Looking very happy on the second-last day of our Gold Coast itinerary.

Next, the last part of Gold Coast and on to the Sunshine Coast.

No comments: