Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 2 - Dreamworld, Gold Coast (Part 2)

Before heading to the next ride, we passed by some interesting photo opportunities.



We're swimming with the sharks on day 3, so this had better not happen. 

Next ride, we skipped the queues and got ready to take the Cyclone. I don't know how I managed or what made me climb into the FIRST row of the rollercoaster.

As you know, it's one of the Big 6 and the Cyclone is also one of the tallest, high-speed gravity rollercoasters in the Southern Hemisphere. It also has two 360-deg loops. 

I survived it, and I think the Claw was scarier. I didn't really feel much on this ride after taking it. 



We spent some time at the Nickelodeon Central and went to this place with soft sponge balls and cannon blasters. We had lots of kiddy fun attacking one another and hiding behind pillars.


On the way to the next ride, we saw Spongebob Squarepants. 


Before embarking on the Flowrider, we did a pose on the surfboard (which we will later know in Sunshine Coast, that it is not the right position to stand on a surfboard).

Flowrider is an attraction which supposedly does a fusion of surfing, skateboarding and bodyboarding. But I didn't really enjoy it. Read on to find out why.
Smiling although we have taken a few hits.


Okay, getting ready to go again.


Managed to stay a while... before I got washed up again. And I mean, literally washed up. One moment you're on the board, trying to go up and down the ramp, the next thing you know, you're off the board, moving upwards without any control and WHAM! you hit the back wall.


Well, at least we tried. But I suffered cuts on the right hand, right arm, bruises on both knees and a strained waist. It hurt like hell...

It was interesting, but I really don't think I would do it again, unless I become an expert surfer or a fish. 


We didn't have time to change before catching Spongebob and Patrick. But I guess it was okay, since we're all looking like underwater creatures.


Souvenir shopping and we bought our respective favourite animal's furry ear headbands. Nad's being a tiger, and mine being a koala.



All ready to move on to the driving centre! Dreamworld has been a fantastic experience. I haven't visited a themepark since I was 11 (Genting Highlands does not count) and having this chance to come visit was like being a child all over again. And we all know how hard it is to feel that way when you're a working adult.

It's only been the 2nd day of the trip, but I've already rated this as one of the best trips in my life, the other two best being Disneyland and Alaska at age 11.

Next post - Holden Performance Driving Centre and QDeck. 

No comments: